What you Need
To download, install and run mFisheries@Sea, you need:
- Smartphone with Android OS version 4.0 or later and the following sensors:
- Camera [required for Camera module]
- Global Positioning System (GPS) [required for Navigation module & Location Tracking service]
- Compass [required for Navigation module]
- Available file storage space of 500MB or larger, especially if there is high usage of Camera module
- USB cable and PC, if not downloading from a mobile phone
Download the country-specific mFisheries mobile application and resources to your Android phone or PC:
- mFisheries@Sea (Antigua) - Coming Soon!
- mFisheries@Sea (Grenada) - Coming Soon!
- mFisheries@Sea (St. Lucia) - Coming Soon!
- mFisheries@Sea (Trinidad) - Coming Soon!
- mFisheries@Sea (Tobago) - Coming Soon!
To transfer mFisheries to an Android phone from a PC:
- Connect smartphone via USB cable to PC
- Transfer mFisheries folder to phone storage
To install mFisheries on an Android smartphone:
- Uncompress the compressed ZIP file on the phone (using the phone's file manager application)
- Open mFisheries folder
- Tap on the APK file labelled mFisheries@Sea to install
When the application opens on the phone after installation, you will see at the bottom of the screen a button indicating "Not registered". To register, click on this button, complete and submit the registration form. An mFisheries user account is created on registration.
Registration is necessary for modules which require user-specific information.
Modules that require registration:
- Navigation: when mFisheries tracking is enabled, a prescribed emergency response agency may identify your tracks on a Web portal
- Camera: a personal mFisheries Web-based user's Portal features your date-, time- and location-stamped photos
- Alerts: your identity is sent to others in prescribed groups when you broadcast an amber alert
- SOS: your identity is sent to a prescribed emergency response agency and personal contacts when you initiate an SOS
Modules that do not require registration:
- Navigation: though tracking requires registration, other navigation functions such as compass, location logging & retrieval, etc may be used without registration